Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Words for Wednesday...Avi-Cakes Bear Cub Edition.



My mom calls Avi-Kate by the nickname Babycakes. AG then combined it to make the nickname Avi-Cakes. Then at some point she started making little growling noises and we started calling her Avi-Cakes Bear Cub. Ha. This spring I stumbled upon this adorable suit at the Gap in Macon complete with Bear Cub ears! I had to have it mainly because it was a long sleeve one piece suit. (Which are an all out necessity when you have fair skinned gingers! And almost impossible to find!) Anyways, the little ears were a nice added bonus. As you can see she loves wearing the hood. 

This weekend was her first real trip in to the pool and I was curious to see how she would do. Oh my goodness! She LOVED it. Loved being in the water but can I just say that in the last week or so we have seen her little personality begin to really come out. She's going to be a force to be reckoned with and she is FEARLESS. Pool, heights, new things, it doesn't matter or phase her. Notice in these pictures that she's standing in the pool. We tried the babyfloat and she tolerated it for a bit. We then held her for a bit and then she wanted nothing to do with us but wanted to do the pool all by herself! Really? Andy and I looked at each other thinking you're nuts...12months old and wants to swim by herself. I'm now trying to find something that she can wear that won't hinder her mobility. I need to figure it out before next month when we head to the beach. She also saw AG jumping to Andy in the pool...so she had to do it also. She 'jumped' off the top step in to Andy's arms. She's going to be a swimmer just like her Momma. :) Like I said she's fearless in the water...which is great but we are going to have to really watch her as she's growing!

Oh, sweet Avi-Cakes, our little Bear Cub, how we love you so! You are a sweet and sassy mess. Daddy and I can already see you being a monkey with the way you climb things. You'll be the kid that jumps out of her crib, I'm sure of it. You love to do things all by yourself and we can't wait to see how you grow and change over the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment