Monday, February 7, 2011

22 Weeks Update...

Well, we've crossed the halfway point and racing along towards the third trimester. I know I say it often but I really can't get over how quickly this pregnancy is flying by.

Weight Gain: I'm fluctuating between 14-16 pounds depending on the day. Still much smaller than I was with AG at this point. Still sleeping on my stomach.

Maternity Clothes: Bought a few tops this weekend while we were in Gwinnett from target. Two maternity tanks along with 2 non-maternity tops that can be used as maternity. And another Bella Band since all my pants still fit. I wore a pair of maternity jeans the other day for the first time and they were awful. I decided then that I'd rather wear my own pants as long as possible.

Energy: Great on days when I'm not nauseated! Yes, I'm still sick. Nauseated on and off all weekend with a lovely two day headache to go with it. I look forward to being able to take Excedrin and my allergy migraine meds again in the near future. I hate having a headache and not being able to take anything for it...Tylenol just doesn't cut it.

Cravings: This last week it was a milk shake from CFA. I had one Tuesday and Saturday night. Mmmmmm. So tasty.

Gender: Still a girl. I need to post her ultrasound pics. We've started shopping around for deals on little girls clothes. We found several cute things this weekend and my three sister have also all been very generous...thanks Mis, Meg, and Caro!

Movement: Daily. This weekend Mis and Meg got to feel her...Meg had an entire conversation with my stomach and she put on a show. It was quite humorous. She's moving around as I type this...she's ready for breakfast but I'm staying in bed as long as possible since AG is still asleep.

Miscellaneous: Well, Andy's birthday is this next weekend. In general every year I try and plan some sort of sporting event for us to attend as his gift since he's such an avid sports guy. (Last year, for example, we went to ATL for a weekend without AG and saw the Hawks play Friday and the Thrashers Saturday.) When we bought our Disney passes for the year we mulled the possibility of doing Braves spring training since we've both always wanted to go. In addition our five year wedding anniversary is on April 30th. So, we started thinking maybe we would try and scoot away for a few days before Avi-Kate arrives and celebrate Andy's birthday and our anniversary. Well between Caro's wedding March 19th and Meg's wedding on April 30th and all the showers in between our weekends are packed. Plus the arrival of our new niece in between both weddings!

However, we've found one weekend in all of this that we can get away and yesterday we decided to plan it. So, we are heading down the last weekend in March to Orlando to do Disney for a few days, enjoy the sunshine, and see the Braves last two spring training games. Originally, we planned for AG to stay with someone but yesterday we opted to take him. Our last trip down there he was sick and didn't feel good. Plus, we've never taken him away just the three of us and this will be our last chance to do that before June...so we are taking advantage of it. And if that wasn't reason enough he's been practicing "The Chop" a lot lately on his own. Guess he's just warming up for spring training.

Thanks to our passes we get a discounted rate to stay on site so we think we are going to take advantage of that. Yesterday, we made reservations for the Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom since we had to cancel our reservations there in December since AG had a fever that day. Andy also requested we go back to the 50's Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios for another helping of Fried Chicken...I also made a reservation for there. And thankfully, I looked at dining stuff back in December and made a reservation on a whim in case we were able to go because I got us a reservation at Le Cellier at Epcot! Which is suppose to be one of the best places to eat at Disney. So we have lunch there one day...good thing we already had a reservation because there is NOTHING available now with them the entire time we are there. I'm excited we get to do something fun with AG before he becomes a big brother. After that, we are hoping to come back this fall to bring AG trick or treating for Mickey's Not-So-Scary-Halloween...Andy thinks he should go as Peter Pan this year since he has the hair and is obsessed with Pan these days. Guess I need to find Avi-Kate a tiny Tinker Bell costume. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment