Thursday, February 10, 2011

Laundry Room...

All right, here are some of the photos of the laundry room. I didn't take any before pictures because it was that bad. Seriously. Although, in our defense I will say it was inevitable for us to have one room full of crap everywhere...this is what happens when you live in a house that you are remodeling while living in it. Also, if we had a true basement or a garage it may not have gotten as bad as it did. A lot of what has been thrown in there over the last 3 years has been tools, paint, supplies, scrap wood, extra tile, caulk, etc. You name it and it probably can be found in the laundry room. Anyways, while it is not finished (I won't consider it finished till we remodel it!) it is livable for now. There are a few more things I need to sort and organize but for the most part it is back to being a functional room. It'll work for the time being and for those who don't know our laundry room is a long rectangle. It presents lots of possibilities despite it's shape when we get around to remodeling it. I have big plans! Here we go:

Behind the door Andy added another shelf. Some of this still needs to be sorted again but most of this is supplies we still need to do stuff around the house plus Andy's drum set. Eventually, I'd like to add upper cabinets, a deep bottom cabinet, and a large countertop so that I have a place to fold laundry. A family I was a nanny for had an oversized countertop to fold their laundry on and I LOVED it. It was a perfect place to fold, lay everything out, and you could come back to it if you needed to. Plus, each child had a designated spot for their stacks so that they could pick them up to take to their rooms. Granted my counter won't be that large but it will give me room to fold. One day when we build a house I'll put in my oversized folding counter. :)

My bookshelf and extra pantry. Cookbooks, books for house projects, gardening, and all of our textbooks that we kept. The white cabinet use to be in our bathroom at the last house. For the time being it is my overflow pantry for my grocery deals that I buy thanks to coupons. I'm still trying to tweak it but it'll work for now. I have a great idea for a piece of furniture to build for this spot when we remodel the laundry room.

This set of shelves I actually organized when I was pregnant with AG. (Gotta love nesting!) I didn't do much besides straighten, tidy, and relabel a few of the baskets. 

All of my storage containers in the house have clear packing tape labels. I'm not sure why I started doing this but I started it when we moved in almost four years ago. I like them because I can add to them as needed and I can also take 'em off to make a new one in no time flat. Or if I repurpose the container I can remove the tape and it's now ready for a new task. Not to mention the fact that they are super cheap...who doesn't have a sharpie and a roll of packing tape around the house? Also, all of the Christmas containers in the attic are done in red ink. Just another way to organize it and break it down.

All of the tubs have labels on the front and on the lid of each container. That way you can see from the side or the top what the contents are. 

Since the house was a foreclosure there were things done to it and we bought it as is. The laundry room was primed but not painted. And so it's still waiting for us to paint it...I picked this color out when we did the kitchen and I still like it. This is the only room in our house that does not have crown molding. I feel like we probably should and will add it when we remodel it. That way it ties in to the rest of the house. Every other room probably has 7 inch molding that was put in at some point over the years. I'm not sure if it is original but either way I love, love, love how thick it is. It makes a bold statement and looks nice with our large baseboards. They balance each other.

My sunny window that now is brighter thanks to me removing the shutters that use to cover them. I've taken them down and am planning a little project for them...stay tuned for that one. I love how much brighter it is without them on the window. I hope when we remodel we can put in cabinets where these shelves are so that the window will not be blocked anymore. So many possibilities and ideas in my head. For now it's a little straighter, a little more functional, and a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment