Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 22 of 52...

I'm known for having a sweet tooth and I love to bake. When I was pregnant with AG I baked almost every two to three days. This go around that has not been the case. Anyways, I had been craving a bar type of cookie and when AG asked me for cookies on Wednesday I opted to just whip up a batch before nap time. So, I found a bar recipe from Nestle and looked it over and made some modifications. Here's what I came up with...

Ingredients:



  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

  • teaspoon baking soda
    teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
    1/2 stick of butter flavored Crisco or 1/2 a cup if you have a container of it. (I like sticks b/c they are so easy!)
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    teaspoon vanilla extract
    eggs
    Chocolate chips/chunks I used a handful of my favorite special dark Hershey's chips and a handful of Nestle semi-sweet chunks




  • Directions:


  • Preheat oven to 375* Grease a 9x13 inch Pyrex Dish.

  • Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
    Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl. I use my Kitchen Aid.
    Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
    Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
    Stir in chocolate.
    Spread into prepared pan.
    Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

    And these were just about perfection. When I was pregnant with AG my go to cookie recipe, that has since become a staple in our house, was chocolate cake cookies with peanut butter and chocolate chips...I have a feeling this will be a staple in our house. AG LOVED them and so did everyone else...I'm already ready for another batch. Plus I didn't have to make individual cookies. These are less work with the same results. Perfection.













    No comments:

    Post a Comment