Sunday, February 20, 2011

24 weeks update...

I'm now six months pregnant and in the last month of the second trimester...it really is all downhill from here! After looking at the calendar this week it'll be June before we know it. February has flown by and this time next week March will be upon us. Wow!

Weight Gain: I've now gained almost 20 lbs. I'm still able to sleep on my belly and there is no denying now that I'm pregnant.

Maternity Clothes: Hip, hip hooray for my discovery this week! Boden, one of my favorite clothing companies, now has a maternity line! Hallelujah. A few weeks ago my spring catalog arrived and I was so bummed that I wouldn't be able to wear anything that I opted not to look at it. Well, this week AG's new miniBoden catalog arrived and I browsed it. While browsing I saw an ad for their Maternity line and immediately had to check it out. I'm thrilled because I need to buy a few dresses to rotate between Caroline's Rehearsal, Meg's Rehearsal, Easter, Mother's Day, Andy's cousin's wedding, bridesmaids luncheons, etc. So now I just need to decide what to order...

Energy: As I type this I'm wiped. This weekend has been busy with throwing a shower for Clay and Caroline and duties at Church. I'm planning to keep my feet up the rest of the day and rest...despite the fact that I need to tidy up around the house. Some things will just have to wait. As far as nausea goes I was nauseated this morning before heading to church.

Cravings: Coke. Ice cold. With LOTS of ice. I also enjoy having a sweet treat mid day. Clementines in groups of two or three at a time. And popsicles in the evening in groups of two...this one I'm grateful for...with AG I had to have ice cream almost every evening after dinner.

Gender: Girl...we've already got lots of cute little things for her. I washed everything I bought last weekend and have already put it away. I'm looking forward to us moving the crib in to her room in the next few weeks once we get AG completely transitioned so that I can start working on the new guest room/nursery.

Movement: Lots and lots of it. She's still transverse and hasn't flipped, yet. I can tell by her movements. I'm looking forward to talking to my Doctor at length this week about what the timeline will look like if she stays transverse. I'm mentally preparing myself for the possibility that she won't flip and if that happens I will have no choice but a C-section. I'm completely okay with that if that is what happens. My desire is for her to arrive healthy and whole. If I do have a section my midwife will not be able to deliver and my prayer is that my doctor can do it...he would be my first pick in that situation. I'm not sure how all of that works since the practice that I see is quite large. Again, another thing to chat about this week when I go for my check-up. I will say that because she is transverse my sciatica has been minor and I really believe it's because she's not on my nerve, literally, like AG was the whole time. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise...if my sciatica was as severe this go round as it was last time I don't know what I would do. Seriously, I don't know how I'd keep up with AG.

Miscellaneous: Andy leaves early Tuesday for a week of business in Cali. AG and I will be holding down the fort and Aunt Mis may come up for a few days. I need to finalize our plans for Disney and order some maternity clothes this week. On Saturday we'll head to the airport to pick up Andy and then head on to the farm to spend the rest of the weekend with Andy's family. We are looking forward to a few days  at the farm and having a baby shower get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment