Saturday, February 12, 2011

A few things...

...from our Saturday:

-Today is Andy's birthday. He's 28 today. We had a birthday breakfast at the Dwarf House this morning...AG was quite a ham and entertained everyone around us. We are celebrating with dinner tonight with the Hornsbys. Ginny's birthday was Thursday. So we'll celebrate them both tonight by grilling out and eating cupcakes for Andy and funfetti for Ginny.

-I hit up Twice Is Nice this morning! Twice is Nice happens twice a year and it's Rome's largest consignment sale. I found lots and lots of cute things for Miss Avi-Kate. And thank heavens there were nightgowns available. I've been looking for gowns for her over the last few weeks and have found next to nothing. I had almost resigned myself to the fact that she was going to have to wear all of AG's boy night gowns for her first few weeks! Ha. Anyways, we are now stocked with nightgowns. I'm not sure why I couldn't find any at Target, Wal-Mart, Babies R Us, etc. My last resort was to hit up the Carter's Outlet in Calhoun and keep my fingers crossed. Crisis averted. Thanks Kristie for the early shopping pass! I can't wait to see her in these sweet ensembles this summer. Boy clothes are fun but little girl clothes are even more fun!

-Andy is off at Home Depot at the moment looking for supplies to possibly start building benches for the dining room table since the weather is going to be nice this next week. Yahoo!

-I need to post a new recipe for frozen chicken pot pies that I made...I ate one for the first time last night while Andy was at the Thrashers game celebrating with some of his friends from college. Oh. My. Gosh. They were that good. They will definitely be added to my list of freezer recipe staples.

-I'm off to bake Andy's birthday cupcakes and frost Ginny's Funfetti cookies.

-Oh, and a post forth coming about AG's latest version of bowling...Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment