Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The comedy of errors...

...that was my Tuesday. Last Tuesday. (It's been that crazy and I'm just now getting around to posting.)

Andy left for his business trip to Cali bright and early Tuesday morning. Before the sun came up. He kissed my head as he left and I slept till AG got up after 8. AG and I snuggled...I worked on some Disney plans while we watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We had breakfast.

After breakfast I needed to get a shower. AG insisted he needed to shower with me. Sure. Whatever works since we are flying solo till the weekend. Well, I finished and got out to dry off. I left AG in to play a minute more while I got dressed. I turned off the shower and asked AG if he was ready to get out...typical toddler he responded with a very sweet, 'no' and a shake of his wet head. Well, I gave him a minute more and started doing my hair. I look over and he is squatting. He then gets up and moves a few steps and squats again. This goes on for a minute or so...well moments later he poops in the shower. For which I couldn't get mad because we are starting to explore the world of potty training and this was the first time he's pooped for either of us. I laughed. Dried him off and stuck him on his potty to finish up. He peed and we did his potty dance. At this point I'm laughing and ready for whatever gets thrown at me next.

The next would be my partner for mentoring canceling an hour before we have to teach at Model High School. Okay, I'm an educator and I can handle two high school 101 classes on my own...no biggie. And then it dawns on me 30 minutes before I leave the house that I don't have my wallet. Yep. No wallet. No money, no license, no insurance cards, no cash, etc. And I know exactly where it is. I left it in Andy's truck which is not in Rome but in Adairsville. Thank heavens he didn't leave it all the way at the airport BUT the downside is that I don't know where it is in Adairsville. When this light bulb goes off Andy is somewhere over the mid-West and not reachable by cell.

I laughed, again. Left Andy a message to call me ASAP and prayed that God would let me get safely to and from Model without my license. Thankfully, I made it there and Andy called during my lunch break. I filled him in and got directions to the house where he had left his truck. I then called my sister, Misty, to see what time she was planning to come up. I filled her in and told her that we'd be off on an adventure once she arrived to retrieve my wallet.

I finished teaching, made it home, tutored for an hour and a half, and Misty arrived. We did dinner at the mall with our college crew like normal and Andy called to say he made it to Modesto safely. I had to tell my other sister, Caroline, that we wouldn't be able to make it to her wedding shower that her bible study girls were throwing her since we needed to go find my wallet.

We plugged in the address to OnStar and put in AG's Kindermusik CD and set out for Adairsville. We thankfully made it there and were able to get my wallet! Which was essential since I needed my insurance card for my OB appointment the next day...in addition to my license and money. :) After a long day we made it back and put AG to bed after he needed an extra 30 minutes of snuggling time.

I'm grateful for seeing the humor in all of it and thankful for the help of family. Never a dull moment, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment