Friday, March 11, 2011

A little DIY...

...for the weekend.

Andy and I are working, working around the house. Up for this weekend:

~Yardwork. Andy put in a new pull cord on the lawn mower this evening and was able to cut the backyard. This weekend we need to cut the front and all of the monkey grass in the frontyard. Yes, I know it should have been done weeks ago but let's face it the weather for the last month hasn't really cooperated and I'm too pregnant to do it by hand. (That and the fact that we have a TON of it since this is Ye Old House!)

~Finishing the benches for the dining room! Wahoo. Last weekend, Andy did the first coat of paint and he's been patiently waiting for the weather to dry out so he could sand 'em again, paint again, and then put the protective coat on them. I can't wait!

~Redoing the chandelier in the dining room. Since this fixture was already here we thought we'd try and rehab it. Originally, we were planning to just replace it but I thought why not try to rehab it...if it bombs no big deal since the original plan was to replace it anyways. Might as well, right? I'm hoping it turns out well... documentation to follow on this little project.

~Cleaning. Purging. Organizing. I'm sure everyone is tired of reading those little words in all of my posts as of late. But, I'm still pregnant and my nesting instincts are in full force. Tonight I completely cleaned, purged, and re-organized the pantry on a whim after dinner. Streamlining things makes me happy. Over the weekend I need to keep working on my closet and I need to get Andy to start his...

~Spray painting. I have a few things I need to freshen up with a new coat of paint around the house. Picture post on those items forthcoming.

There you have it. A few projects I'm hoping we can check off our never ending to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment