Thursday, March 3, 2011

Around the House...

Here are a few notes from around the house...I've slacked in recent weeks on daybook/what we've been up to posts.

Currently:

~Andy has been working hard on building me two benches for the dining room table. He finished them last night and is ready to start painting them and finish the table. I'm thinking of doing a matching cushion of some sort for the tops. We also picked up two very old chairs this past weekend that we think were Andy's great-grandmother's...they are in desperate need of some TLC BUT my very handy husband should be able to fix 'em up. I'd like to find two more chairs with arms to sit at each end...I need to hit up the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and see if I can find anything good. Pictures forth coming of all of this...

~I've tweaked AG's play area in the den a bit and it's quite functional for the stage of play that he is in right now. I also LOVE having half his toys in the attic to rotate in and out every few weeks. Andy's old Fisher Price Zoo has seen lots of play time the last few days since I brought it down (AKA Misty helped with this project while Andy was gone last week!) from the attic.

~I've been washing baby clothes and putting things away as we get them so as to not have to do it all at once. Let it be known that this little girl has way more in her closet now than AG ever has had! Ha. :) Lots of cute dresses and rompers for her to wear this summer.

~I packed up a bunch of AG's baby blankets since we won't need them this go around since they are quite "boyish".

~I'm getting ready to do a mass purging of my closet and Andy's closet. Time to do some major cleaning and reorganizing. I also need Andy to add an extra shelf to my closet so that I can store out of season items.

~In the guest bath it's time to reorganize and adjust the linen closet. I also never put up a new shower curtain when we painted/put in the new vanity. So, it's time to do some finishing touches in the bathroom. I need to spray paint a few items to give them a face lift and then add them to the decor in here. Pictures to come.

~I've also had a lot of decor the same way since we moved in here almost four years ago. Time to move stuff around change it up a bit with my knick-knacks, pictures, candles, etc. Pictures to come.

~I want Andy to build me a huge frame to sit on the mantle in the living room this summer so that we can put a family photo in it. I've already got the design in my head now I just need to get Andy to build it. :)

~Speaking of building I also need him to build a bookshelf ASAP so that I can put all the books that are stacked in Avi-Kate's closet on it. The shelf they use to sit on is now in AG's room with all of his books on it and so I'm down a shelf.

~Once we get AG completely switched to his big boy bed we'll move the crib and finalize where furniture is going to go. Speaking of AG's big boy bed he now has a set of Curious George sheets for his new bed. They look really cute on his bed. Can't believe how big he is getting...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm off to go start tackling my closet...I've put it off long enough and I'm ready to check it off my list of things to do. I'll be 26 weeks this weekend and time is winding down I've got lots to do before she arrives and lots going on between now then. Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment