Thursday, March 3, 2011

Purging. Cleaning. Nesting.

Whew.

I've been on my feet all day cleaning out my closet and the linen closet in the guest bath...while having ER play in the background. ER and FRIENDS were two my favorite shows from high school and we have them all on DVD. Whenever I need a little background noise while I tackle a project I pop in a disc. I've seen them so many times I don't have to 'watch' them. Anyways, after dinner I made a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some containers to help me put everything back together. I'm taking a break and propping up my feet while watching Idol.

Lots of progress made in my closet today. I have a huge pile of clothes I'm going to try and consign...if that doesn't work then I'll donate it all. It's quite freeing to purge en masse! And rewarding...I just ordered some new maternity clothes from Boden since they were running a 20% off special. :)

Andy and I both purged our vast collection of t-shirts, however, I'm not giving them away. I've boxed 'em up to go in the attic for the time being. I want to have them made in to a couple of quilts. I need to do a little research to see how they are made and figure out if it is something I could do myself. I'm betting that while I'm crafty I might be better off getting someone to make them for me.

I also started on the linen closet and normally I'd say stick to one organizing project at a time, however, some of the stuff that I was sorting from my closet needs to be moved to the other.  We have to be super creative with our storage since our space, in this wonderful old house, is at a premium.

I'm off to watch another episode of ER and get to a good stopping point for the night. Plus, I need to unearth our bed. Speaking of bed I slept great last night for the first time in several days. I'm hoping for a consecutive night of 'good sleep' which doesn't always happen when you are pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment