Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This and that...

A little random post for a rainy Wednesday:

Well, our time at Disney was FANTASTIC. It was the perfect short getaway. When I get home I'll upload pics and do a post on our adventures. For now we are at Nanny's house aka Andy's Mom's. Andy's cousin, Rob, is getting married this weekend so we are staying here till then. Andy is doing some traveling for work the rest of the week and AG is living the life in the country.

It was weird leaving Disney with the knowledge that the next time we return we'll be a family of four instead of three. Speaking of returning...we went ahead and booked our return trip for the fall with the kids. They were running a ridiculous special and we took advantage of it since we were already planning to come back. We also booked a getaway for Andy and I at the end of November/first of December for a few short days without both kiddos. It'll be our first trip alone since Hawaii of last year and our first trip alone since we became a family of four. I'm already looking forward to it. I need to start working on our dining reservations for the fall and start thinking about plans for our trip later in the year. Disney takes dining reservations 180 days out and I should be able to go ahead and book our fall trip soon. I'll have to wait a few weeks on the other trip.

Hard to believe that March has come and gone and April is here. Today I started making a mental list of things we need to do before Avi-Kate arrives. I need to put it all down on paper...I do love a good list. I'm almost 30 weeks which is surreal. Lots to do around the house in the coming weeks to get ready.

My toddler amazes me daily. Yesterday, for example he requested cereal but I couldn't quite understand him. So he did the sign for cereal which I think I've only signed a handful of times and I actually had to look up on my app to verify that that was indeed what he was signing/saying/requesting. This afternoon while laying him down in Nanny's bed for his nap he looked at the ceiling fan and informed me that there were diamonds on the fan. I looked up and yes, there were in fact diamond shapes on the fan. I love, love, love this age. I love how much he is soaking up and learning from day to day. Andy and I are also enjoying watching his personality really take flight.

Here are a few things we've learned about AG over the last few months:

-He's a thinker. He analyzes any and all situations...he's not shy in new situations he's just processing it all. Once he's done analyzing it he jumps in with both feet.

-He's a silent leader. He does his own thing and doesn't have to be in the spotlight. Some kids love the spotlight and others hate it. AG could take it or leave it. He's not doing things for the spotlight.

-He loves music...with a passion I might add. If a toddler can be passionate about something at such a young age?!? We are planning to keep doing Kindermusik this fall since he is enjoying it so much.

-He's quite tender and concerned for others. Daily Andy and I get asked, "Okay, Dada?" "Okay, Momma?" when we cough, sneeze, blow our nose, drop something, bump in to something, etc.

More to come...happy Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment