Sunday, August 5, 2012

Quick updates...

Goodness gracious where has the time gone?!

Are we really in August? So, here's a sound off of things that are going around here...

-School. AG requested a baseball bookbag for his school year and thankfully, Pottery Barn had one that was 'AG approved'. Now, I'm hoping it arrives for the first day of school which is MONDAY! Yes, school starts for AG on Monday. Crazy. I can't believe it. Tonight we have Open House to check out his classroom and meet new friends. Again, it really boggles my mind. BUT we are excited. :)

-Avi-Kate is walking every where and she is quite the monkey.

See life is really hectic at the moment...I started this post on Thursday and didn't get a chance to even finish it. So, let's try this again...

-AG loved, loved, loved visiting his school for Open House! He kept telling us that everything was "just my size!" In our haste to be on time we put Avi-Kate in the car sans shoes and didn't realize this till after we had arrived. Oh, well. Live and learn...and laugh.

-We are watching Olympics non-stop. AG pretty much imitates whatever sport we are watching at the moment. Our favorite to watch him preform is diving. He lines up the bean bags in the den and drags his little red chairs over next to them and then proceeds to 'dive' in to them. It's hysterical...the best are when he does 'backflips'.

-The new couch arrived last week and I'm going to post pictures...but it's FABULOUS. (sigh) I really think I would just like to live on it full time. After relaxing on it for a week I can undertand why Pottery Barn uses the word 'comfort' in it's name. It really is very comfortable and every evening once the kids are in bed I relish sinking down in to it to watch the Olympics. :)

-Today has been spent rotating the kids toys out of the attic and organizing the play area. I guess it's the teacher in me that wants it revamped for the school year.

-I need to do a full post on the latest with the backyard but a quick update is that we had our lot surveyed and found out some great news...our backyard actually extends 21 feet beyond the back of our fence!

-Andy and my Dad some yard work yesterday. Cutting down some small trees and clearing out some growth. Plus, hauling some stuff to the dump. I'm looking forward to it cooling off in a few weeks (I hope!) so we can get out and do some heavy yard work.

-Avi-Kate went to the GI doctor on last Monday to let him check her out after we had three random vomiting episodes over the span of a week. Basically I wanted her to be seen so that if it happens again we can go from there. He said it's highly possible that what happened that week was a CVS episode given that it was identical to AG's episodes. He was glad that we brought her in so he could look her over and document things. The plan is to just wait and see what happens...we'll go from there. I feel better about all of it now that she's been seen.

-I'm in the process of researching jogging/running strollers. My hope is to get one soon so that I can start using it during the week while AG is in school. My plan is to drop him off and then strap Avi-Kate in so I can run on campus at Berry. I just need to narrow it down and then order it from Amazon. Oh, how I love Amazon Prime.

-Avi-Kate is a full fledge Braves fan...she starts doing 'The Chop' anytime she hears the music. And speaking of the Braves we took her to her first Braves game at Turner Field this past Friday. She did great but she's not in to it the way AG is. I think his status as a diehard fan has been cemented. I had to beg him to eat part of a hotdog...he was too engrossed in the game. He loves every single thing about the game.

-Our season tickets for UGA arrived this past week! Glory, glory. We are really looking forward to Saturdays in Athens this fall. I'm glad that our first game is now less than a month away.

I'm sure there are several things that I'm leaving out but at the moment this is all I've got. I'll be back with Disney updates soon.

1 comment: