Saturday, August 11, 2012

Random Saturday Musings...

...lots of things rolling around in my head at the moment. This is the start of my favorite time of the year. Don't get me wrong as a gardner I love all the promises spring brings us each year. I also love spending time in the pool and at the beach each summer. However, with the arrival of school we have football season gearing up, the arrival of cooler temperatures, fall colors, and a season of Thanksgiving as a segway in to the Christmas season. Lots of excitement for the coming months and all that they will bring.

-In a few weeks, most likely around Labor Day, I'll start pulling out my fall stuff for the house. I need to swing by and pick up my favorite hand soap of all time from Bath and Body Works...Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. Also, need to pick up a new fall candle to burn while I am there. In addition, I need to switch out the bedding in our room. (Post on that to come.) This also gives me time to finish my fall wreath I'm working on that I've put on hold the last few weeks.

-AG's first week of school went great. He LOVED it. We had no issues with him crying or being upset...clearly a sign that he was ready. This week was a little crazy and I didn't get much done around the house while he was in class BUT I can see that I will be able to tackle several projects in the coming weeks with just Avi-Kate to look after.

-Avi-Kate is enjoying having one on one time with us while AG is away. I'm grateful she gets to have this time.

-My goal this week is to really tackle the chaos in our bedroom...it's driving me nuts. I've started working on it today, actually, so we'll see how it goes.

-I went dumpster diving this week at Berry. Correction. I found a bunch of loot in a dumpster and Andy went in to retrieve it for me. :) Found some patterned metal for a project I've been mulling for the kitchen window for over a year now. Also, came up with two old doors. At the moment they are going to be regulated to the cellar but I'm trying to figure out a plan for one of them to be used in this house. The other door will just be held on to for the time being. Poor Andy he smiles and appeases me but I do think he shakes his head sometimes when I find my latest 'treasure'. Ha. I promise there is a method to my madness!

-Christmas. Yep, already started jotting down gift ideas for the kids. I've got a few things already that we've decided to do and I plan to start shopping slowly over the next few months. So as to space it out and be budget conscious. A few things we'll bring back from Disney...I'll space those out too. Buying some in October and some when we return for our Christmas trip.

-Andy has been working hard around the yard. Pressure washing everything. He's almost done and then we'll move on to some other yard projects that are season related.

-AG had another laser treatment on his hemangioma yesterday and it went well. He's happily running around the house and chasing Avi-Kate. You'd never know that he had surgery yesterday.

-I'm working on coupons and grocery lists for today. I'm trying to find a groove/rhythm for our new routine with AG in school. This includes grocery shopping, cooking, meals, etc. Over the summer I slacked in my couponing and freezer stashing of meals. I'm in the process of getting back on the bandwagon for both. I am planning to cook several things this week and stash half of it in the freezer.

There you have it...a little bit of what I'm mulling and pondering as I go about my day. Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment