Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School Days are here...

Well, hot dog! Blogger decided this morning to cooperate and allow me to access pictures from the last few weeks. (Get ready for a slew of updates!) Anyways, here are AG's first day of school pictures. He's now in his fourth week of school and learning lots. He has had some moments for growth and learning how to adapt to new situations. However, overall I think this has been a great transition for him. He's done very well and although he has some mornings when he declares he doesn't need to go to school that day when we pick him up he's very happy. Two of our college girls are living in the building literally next door to his classroom and he loves being able to go visit them before/after school. I am grateful that we have the opportunity to send AG to Berry. To a place where Andy and I learned many valuable lessons in and out of the classroom. Our hope and prayer is that AG will be shaped by these same lessons. That he would gain not only 'head knowledge' but knowledge for his heart and hands as well over these next few years. So, here's to the first of many 'First Day of School' pictures at Berry College. AG, we can't believe what a wonderful young man you are growing up to be. We are so proud of you and love watching you conquer new situations. We can't wait to see what all you learn this year.





After dropping AG off Avi-Kate and I headed up to mountain campus to Berry Elementary and Middle School to see GrandMary. We spent the morning working in her classroom...Avi-Kate exploring her future kindergarten classroom and me doing my yearly activities to help Mary get ready for the upcoming school year. I've got one more year of doing it before I'll have a kid in Mary's classroom and that is crazy to me. At the same time I'm elated and can't wait for AG to start kindergarten. She's the best of the best and there really is no one quite like her. I'm just grateful that I was placed in her classroom ten years to be a student worker. GrandMary, we love you and can't wait to be in kindergarten! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment