Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Daybook...Septmeber 11th.

Whew...the week is off and running. Anyone else feel like life is moving fast these days? Maybe it's just me. Anyways, here's a daybook entry for this week/today.

Outside my window: Overcast and mild temperatures. Hallelujah! It seems to finally be cooling off around here and for that we are all grateful. I'm so ready for fall/winter weather because we didn't have any this past year.

I'm thinking: About my to do list that seems a mile long this week. I had several good weeks of getting the house in order/keeping it that way when AG started school and then we went out of town for Labor Day. Anyways, I'm making headway and tackling some projects. Although, some days it feels like I'm spinning my wheels and going nowhere. I'm also thinking about our Disney trip that is (thankfully!) only a month a way.  We are so ready to be back there...to have a few days of uninterrupted, quality family time. We've started picking up things we need for the trip and I've started stashing it in Avi-Kate's room. It'll be here before we know it and for that I'm very grateful.

I'm wondering: About a lot of things right now. Milling over lots of possibilities for lots of different things. I'm in a very contemplative mood. 

I'm praying: For Andy...he's away on a business trip. Praying for safe travels and a successful trip.

I'm thankful: For peace. The last few years have been rough as a friend and I have been shouldering some pretty tough stuff for someone. And at the moment I don't necessarily agree with how things are but I have peace because I know that without a shadow of a doubt that we've done all that has been asked of us. And on a different note I'm thankful for all that lost their lives on 9/11 and those that have sacrificed for the war on terror. It amazes me to think that it has been 11 years since that day. On one hand it seems like so long ago and on the other hand I can still remember every. single. thing about that day. 

I'm hearing: The tv in the background and AG's lullaby cd in the distance.

From the Kitchen: Not much this week. The last few weeks I've been working on stock piling stuff in to the freezer so that we can start using freezer meals some nights a week. This week I'm not doing any freezer cooking. Although, there was a sale on Stouffer's entrees this week at Kroger and I happened to pick a few of those up. They come in quite handy as we head in to this busy season. I like having a few stashed away as back-ups. 

I'm reading: Sigh. Nothing at the moment. I need to put something on my kindle but I haven't...needs to be a priority and it just hasn't been lately. I've been so wrapped up in life and everything that I haven't read anything in weeks. Guess I need to put that on my To Do list. :)

One of my favorite things: The new fall candles I picked up yesterday with a $10 off coupon I had for Bath and Body Works. (Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Leaves) Have I mentioned that I love this time of year?!

I'm creating: Actually, I just finished a burlap wreath for Ginny last week and I started on it's twin aka my wreath. At the moment I haven't gotten very far and then I ended up finding red and black burlap in stock when I was at Hobby Lobby the other day...so of course I bought some. I think I may stop the chocolate brown burlap wreath for the moment and work on a UGA themed one. And then finish the other one for Thanksgiving. I also started a project last year for the kids making some glass luminaries that are pumpkins and ghosts but I never finished in time. (Life with a new baby.) So, I packed everything up and I am determined to get them done this year. I'll post pictures when I finish.

Around the house: Trying to get the house back in order! Andy built an AMAZING corn hole set and has had a painting station set up in the front of the house. He just finished and so my goal is to get everything cleaned up. I need to take pictures of the set and post it here. I'm really impressed with how they turned out.

A few plans for the week: Kindermusik tomorrow for AKs and soccer practice for AG on Friday. My ladies bible study that meets twice a month starts back tomorrow night and I have girls night with the college girls on Thursday. Saturday we'll be in Athens for the game that evening. I'm excited for our first night game of the year. Actually, the Dawgs have back to back home games that are night games these next two weeks. Wahoo! This week is Florida Atlantic and next week is Vandy. The Vanderbilt game should be a good game and intense...last year's game in Nashville didn't end well with the coaches and players getting riled up after the game. So, we'll see how the rematch goes this year. 

A picture thought that I'm sharing: Next week our dear friend, Michael, will be in town for a few nights. We are so excited to see him and catch up. He graduated this summer from his graduate program at USC and is currently planning to stay out in LA. He's home for the month doing some business work and seeing family/friends. AG got really excited and was talking a mile a minute on the phone the other day when Michael called to finalize our plans. Here's a few pictures from our last visit last Christmas.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment