Monday, September 24, 2012

Whew! Off and running...

It's that time of the year where things tend to just speed up and fly by. Anyone else relate to this? Anyways, it's going to be a busy week around here and here's a bit of what is currently on my to do list:

-Change out kids wardrobes for the coming season...I tend to buy things ahead and when they are on clearance when I can. For example all of the kids fleece footed pjs for this fall/winter I bought in February when they were $3 a pair at the Carter's Outlet. Much better than paying $20 a pair for Avi-Kate and $25 a pair for AG now that he wears a big kid size. Last week Old Navy was running a great sale online so I went ahead and bought some clothes to round out their wardrobes. Avi-Kate didn't need much but AG needed a ton since he's now in school and hit a growth spurt since last winter.

-Find/Order kids winter jackets...I'm on the hunt and hoping I can find a good deal/sale. We'll see what I come up with.

-Start Christmas Shopping...slowly making a list and figuring out what to get the kids. We tend to keep it simple for Christmas and this year we are surprising them with a Christmas trip to Disney before Christmas so that will be factored in to what we spend. I've got a running list in my head for other people on my list I really need to take the time to jot it down.

-Need to get flowers out and in pots for Mtn. Day which is in less than two weeks!

-Need to finish fall craft projects. Wreath for the door and pumpkin luminaries for the kids.

-House ready for family dinner tomorrow night and then geared up for Mtn. Day weekend.

-Start working on packing lists for Disney and buying last minute items. I have pretty much everything we need to take with us minus a few things I'll buy today when I go to the grocery store. All that is left is to start packing! I also need to order the raincover for the new jogging stroller but it'll come via Amazon and will arrive in two days so I can order at any point in the next two weeks and be ok.

-Order and assemble Samson's new bed...should be arriving today! Poor dog has been missing his bed...after 6 years it was time to send his old bed on it's way. We ordered a new one this time from L.L. Bean and hope Samson wears it out the way he did his last bed. The dimensions of this bed are larger than his previous bed so I'm not sure yet if it'll stay in our room or move somewhere else. We'll see.

-Finish reorganizing in our bedroom before Mtn. Day weekend. I'm tired of this hanging over my head...I need to just get it done. My issue has been that Andy has been working remote a lot lately...which I don't mind at all BUT it's hard to get things situated when our room becomes his office when he works remote.

-Get October activities/learning plans together...I need to figure out when we are going to a pumpkin patch and some other fun activities for the kids. AG is really excited about the holidays this year. Today when we arrived at the store after school he was so excited to see a fall display outside and he told me we needed to go inside to check out if they had anything inside too. :)

There is a smattering of what is running around in my head. It's been a wild and wooly day so far. I feel really scattered today and heading in to this week. Oh, well. Best get my act together because there is a whole lot of stuff that has to happen in the next two weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment