Monday, September 17, 2012

She may be ugly...

but Oh. My. Goodness. her blooms are gorgeous! Two years ago my sweet mother-in-law handed me a plant and told me, "this is the ugliest plant you'll ever have but if you can get it to bloom it'll be gorgeous." She was right. It bloomed last September but I missed it because the bloom was hidden and I snapped a picture of it the morning after. Same thing happened earlier this summer. Well, a few weeks back it started putting out not one bloom but seven blooms. So, I began to inspect it daily because I didn't want to miss the spectacle. Sure enough a week and a half ago it bloomed. My mother-in-law told me to check it out around 10pm...that night we had college girls over and at 11pm I remembered to check the plant. So, they went with me and this is what we discovered:






Aren't they beautiful?! I couldn't get over how big they were. And the sight of having so many all at once was really pretty. Again, I was just amazed. So, she may be ugly but she has gorgeous flowers! If you want to read more about Night Blooming Plants click here. Anyone else have a really ugly plant?

No comments:

Post a Comment