Thursday, December 9, 2010

Big Bro and Tiny E 2.0


AG wearing his new shirt from Aunt Mis at the Animal Kingdom at Disney.


So, it's official. We are expecting our 2nd child in June...Tiny E 2.0 should be here by the middle of June. Which means the following:

-I'll be a full 6 months pregnant when Caroline gets married March 19th.
-Tiny E's cousin should arrive mid-April...Ronnie is going to be a big sister! These two will be 2 months apart while Ronnie and AG are 5 months apart.
-I'll be pushing 8 months pregnant when Meghan gets married on April 30th. (Which is also Andy and I's 5 year anniversary.)
-AG will be exactly two and a half years older than his brother/sister.

We are thrilled and excited about the new addition! We were a little surprised but grateful. When Andy switched jobs in August we thought maybe we should wait and try around the holidays to let him get situated in his new job...God had other plans. :o)

Here's what happened:
When we came home from Virginia in October I was a week and a half late and so I decided to take a test. I'm never late. The only reason I didn't take one in VA was that I really didn't think I was pregnant. With AG I knew before I even took a test. However, after being 10 days late we made a stop at the dollar store. I bought a test and sure enough within 30 seconds it was positive. I was in shock because again I didn't think I was pregnant. Ha. How little did I know...this pregnancy has been the complete polar opposite of my pregnancy with AG. With this pregnancy I've been sick all day long for about 6 weeks straight. The last 2-3 weeks it just comes in random waves but has lessened considerably. (Almost no nausea with AG.) There has been very little that I've wanted/could eat due to being sick. (With AG there were only a few things I had to avoid but for the most part food was great even in the first trimester.) I've thrown up with this pregnancy and didn't throw up once with AG.

I've put on only a few pounds this trimester due to being sick. The perk is that I'm still wearing almost all of my clothes still while with AG at this point I was in all maternity clothes. I've been told with the second you show sooner and I was completely expecting it but it hasn't happened because of me being sick. I'm almost 14 weeks and it's starting to look like there might be something there. Again, this pregnancy is completely opposite of my pregnancy with AG. At this point we are thinking it's a girl. We'll find out for sure in a few weeks!

So, this would explain my lack of blogging in October/November. I've been exhausted and doing my best to keep my head above water. Andy has been a saint helping with AG and doing housework that I normally do. I'm very grateful for him! As I start the 2nd trimester I'm feeling a lot better (still trying to get over this sinus infection but in terms of pregnancy I'm feeling much better!) and hoping to tackle several projects around the house, get the house back in order, and get back on my blogging bandwagon.

Life is good. God continues to provide and we are blessed and grateful for this new addition. AG's going to be a wonderful big brother. Lots more to post stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations!! I am soooo excited for ya'll!! AG will be a great big brother! Im sorry you've been so sick, hopefully it will pass asap!!! :)

    ReplyDelete