Thursday, December 30, 2010

Meet...

...Avi-Kate Edwards.





Thankfully, names are not something we have to mull over for a long time. Andy and I like a lot of the same names to begin with and we are both very decisive people. With AG Andy picked the name long before we were pregnant with him. He decided that if we ever had a little boy we would name him Austin after his Dad and Granddad. And Gary after my Dad. It's definitely different. We've yet to meet another Austin Gary. And the nick name AG fits him perfectly. We also choose to call him by both his full name and his nickname.

So, how did we come up with the name Avi-Kate? I have half-jokingly stated since we had AG that I was naming the next child since Andy named AG. BUT I also gave Andy veto power if there was something he didn't like...but again we know what we like and don't like so it wasn't hard for us.Well, first, Kate is another one of my nicknames since my middle name is Katherine. My immediate family and closest friends call me Kate. Andy also started calling me Kate when we were dating. I love the name and I've always wanted to use it in a little girl's name.

Avi is after one of our dear, sweet friends. This is Avi...

With our friend Monica in Keystone, Colorado for our PE class.

With AG in the hospital.

The day she graduated from Berry. 

With AG at her graduation party.


Avi and I met her freshman year at Berry when I was a senior. We became close friends after having a class together. (We went skiing in Colorado for a PE credit.) The next year Andy and I were married and living right off campus...Avi started bringing her friends over to our house on Thursday nights to watch Grey's Anatomy. And thus, our student ministry was born. The people Avi brought over began to bring their friends over and it's just snowballed from there. What started out as four or five girls on a Thursday night has grown in to a family of 20+ students...that we feed and interact with several times throughout the  week.

Avi is one of the most loving and caring people that I have ever known. She has never met a stranger and goes out of her way to make people feel welcome. She's adventuresome and loves to travel. She'll try anything and is not afraid to make mistakes or ask questions. She is determined and hardworking. She is vivacious and her laugh is infectious. As my dad would say, "you gotta have drive." And she does. These are qualities and characteristics that we would hope our little girl would have.

On another note, my appointment went well and Avi-Kate is measuring right on schedule and is weighing in at 5 ounces. I'm 16 weeks and 4 days and she is measuring right there. I go back in four weeks and they'll do my full ultrasound to measure everything. I will say that she was much more subdued than AG was for his ultrasounds! Ha. The tech had to work to get a good profile shot...AG on the other hand was all over the place. Always on the go. AG didn't know what to think about the ultrasound...it was highly amusing to watch his reactions. He kept looking at the screen and looking at me. The heartbeat (which sounded great!) really threw him for a loop. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! Question- how do you pronounce Avi? It's so pretty! Hope you're feeling better soon! :/

    ReplyDelete