Thursday, December 9, 2010

Daybook December 8th/9th

Outside my window: A cold, grey afternoon that is turning in to dusk. These frigid temps are crazy for this time of year. I've always longed for a White Christmas...as Andy said earlier this week that's entirely possible this year. All the talk this fall of a 'mild winter' made me want to laugh...I went on record during the heat wave of November that we would pay later...

I'm thinking:  About a few activities to plan for AG for the next two weeks...simple and low key but hands on. All of our students will be gone and things should be pretty quiet around the house for a few weeks. I'm also starting to think about some fun activities we can do next year/new traditions since AG will be almost 3. His ability to understand will be much greater next year. 


(The rest of this is finished today, Thursday, December 9th.)

I'm wondering: How different things are going to be next year with an almost 3 year old and a 6 month old in the house. Should be quite entertaining. :o)

I'm praying: That I would feel better. Last week at Disney I had to go to the ER and was diagnosed with a sinus infection and a double ear infection. However, I'm allergic to several types of antibiotics and so there is only a handful that I can take while pregnant. What I would normally take I can't take because I'm pregnant. My first round of antibiotics while it helped it didn't  clear everything up. I had to call this morning for a second round. I'm hoping to pick it up after lunch and praying that it will help me get over this. Pregnant and keeping up with a very active toddler is tiring enough...couple that with being sick and I'm exhausted. 

I'm thankful: That AG is over the horrible cold that he had last week.

I'm hearing: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the background and AG chatting away. Thanks to Sesame Street and Elmo his new word for the day is 'awesome'. Ha. 

From the Kitchen: I managed to cook a large batch of chili Monday for dinner. I was able to stash two extra helpings in the freezer for 2 more nights. We've eaten every meal at home since returning from Disney because of being burnout on eating out. I also made puppy chow, rice krispie treats, and cookies this week. AG has been enjoying his Mickey Mouse "coo-cos" aka cookies that I made with our new Disney Cookie Cutters that I bought last week.

I'm reading: The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham on loan from my sister-in-law, Caroline. 

One of my favorite things: Decorating the house for Christmas and having fresh greens all over the house. They are everywhere! I'm quite pleased with my new arrangement for the window ledge in the den. It wasn't what I originally planned but it turned out well. I decided to put all of my Starbucks city mugs (17 in all...I think) up there with fresh greens, candles, and faux fruit. 

I'm creating: Plans for the next two weeks and my holiday baking list for the holidays.

Around the house: I need to finish cleaning and unpacking. 

A few plans for the week: This weekend we are headed to the mtns with my family to celebrate Christmas with everyone. Other than that I need to do a major stock piling of groceries because Kroger has several good deals this week when you couple them with coupons. Also getting over this crud once and for all. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment