Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Words for Wednesday...

Four Generations.

This morning my Dad called to tell me that he was on his way to pick up MeMe, my grandmother, and take her to the hospital. The last three years she has been living in an Alzheimer's facility as her disease has progressed.

These photos were taken in the spring after AG was born. At the moment he is the only great-grandchild. When I was pregnant with AG MeMe told me that she hoped that it was little boy and that he had red hair just like my dad did when he was little. Not only does he have red hair just like Daddy but he's also Daddy's namesake. You can see a hint of the red on his little bald head...and during our visit she kept calling him Mr. Red. I'm grateful for these snapshots because it looks like our days with MeMe might be drawing to a close.

1 comment:

  1. Katie...I have been through Alzheimer's with both of my mom's parents. It is a very hard thing to go through. Now, we are going through it with my husband's grandfather. I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete