Monday, December 6, 2010

Tree Farm 2010


So, just like last year we joined the Hornsbys to pick out our Christmas trees. Last year, AG was days away from walking this year he was all over the place. For the most part it was fun...AG had a meltdown when the wind kicked up it was only 39 degrees and in the morning we had some flurries. (Crazy child refuses to wear his hat.) I gave him his paci and he seemed to settle down...I guess I'm partially to blame for this meltdown it was past nap time AND he had been in a car the entire day before driving home from Disney. He was officially wiped when we got in the car and thankfully, we only had to drive 5 minutes back to the house where he took a three hour nap. 

Holding hands with Emma as we go to hunt for our tree. 

AG and Emma contemplating a Charlie Brown tree.

Our tree! It's huge. Wait till you see a photo inside our house. AG was more interested in the measuring stick than smiling for Ginn.

Helping Daddy.

After we cut down our tree they took us on a tractor ride and the kiddos fed the mini horse and burro peanuts. They enjoyed it.

AG giggled every time the horse nibbled his hand.

 AG inspecting both trees and deeming this trip successful.


Like I said the tree is HUGE. Really. Largest we've ever brought home. We brought it in and Andy laughed. He then asked if we had enough ornaments for it or was that my intention all along. Ha. Actually, it wasn't but thanks for the idea Babe. :o) It's a beautiful tree and perfectly shaped. I think that's why I wanted it. Anyways, it's a white pine and a good 8 feet tall once I trimmed up the top a little to put the angel on top. Once I get all the decorations out and to my liking I'll do a tour of the house. I still need to pick up some fir tree scraps from Home Depot to put on the mantle in our room, the master bathroom window ledge, and the window ledge in the den. (If you like fresh greens and free stuff...hit up the scrap bin in the garden section at your local Home Depot. When they saw off a few inches of the tree you select they throw the scraps in a pile. The scraps are free to whoever wants 'em...ah, fresh cut Christmas trees  scent in the house.) Hard to believe the holidays will be here soon. I'm off to tackle some cleaning and laundry. I promise to get Thanksgiving and Disney blogged soon...but for now I have to get the house back in order, the rest of Christmas out, and make a major dent in my shopping...thankfully lots will be coming from Amazon and arriving free on two day shipping...oh, Amazon Prime how I love thee. (One of the best things we invested in this last year!) And bake lots of treats for our students tomorrow night. We are doing our December dinner as dessert and a movie since it is finals week. What better way to start off your Christmas Vacation than watching Christmas Vacation and hanging out with your "family" once last time before the break?!? It's going to be a great week...




No comments:

Post a Comment