Thursday, December 16, 2010

Never a dull moment...

What a day!

Last night we put AG in the twin bed for the first time. I made a trip to Wal-mart after dinner to pick up a bed rail. Thankfully, we only had to buy one since the twin is tucked into the nook in his room. Five minutes after we put him down he came squealing down the back hallway after cutting thru the guest room with his blanket wrapped around him like Linus. Ha. We chuckled and tucked him back in. After that we went off to sleep and we didn't hear a peep till 7:20ish this morning. (Which is early for AG.) I was awoken to, "Hi, Mama!" And two blue grey eyes peering at me...that's how my day started!

Later in the morning I made a master cleaning list for me to take back my house! "Hey, it's okay to let your house go to pot when your nauseated and doing your best to keep up with your very active two year old!" Anyways, thankfully I'm feeling better than I was and my nausea comes in random waves. After making my list I started working around the house while AG ran and played. At one point in the morning I looked over and see him sitting in a full laundry basket, with a (fake) gold medal around his neck, and a small paint roller in hand!



What a sweet mess! Heaven help me what am I going to do with this little lad?!? After lunch we did some more work and then it was nap time...but not before running outside for a quick second to look at the random snow shower we had before it turned to sleet.We attempted sleeping in the "big boy bed" for nap time. After three jail breaks Mommy called it quits and we had nap time in the crib. (If this becomes a huge problem we'll end up putting a gate in front of his door till he gets the hang of things.) I decided I needed a nap because this grey wintry day is perfect napping weather. At 5 Andy called to ask if we needed anything before he came home. I told him we were good and to come home.

Thankfully, he made it home safe and we chatted for a few minutes till Samson started barking ballistically in the front of the house waking AG up from his nap. After settling AG down Andy went out to see what all the commotion was about. There were cars lining the street and it was utter chaos. Our property is cut into a huge hill and the incline of the hill becomes very steep once you pass our house. People couldn't get up and over the hill to get to the back of our neighborhood. Lots people left their cars to go on foot.There were several accidents and unfortunately one of our girls had an accident. She's okay which is the important part but her car is not. We'll know more once we see things in the daylight. When I went out to check on the chaos I saw her walking across the street and she decided to come join us for the night.

After dinner I did some more work around the house while wild man played. Things quieted down and they ended up blocking off the top part of the street. The county schools and private schools canceled for tomorrow and the city schools are on a delayed schedule.

We put AG in his big boy bed and within minutes we heard squeals and tears coming from his room. I went to investigate and noticed Andy had closed the door all the way...AG has figured out the door knobs in the back of the house but the original glass knobs in the front he hasn't mastered. He was "trapped" and when I went to investigate I noticed the fringe from his blanket peeping out from under the door! Ha. We let him out for a minute and put him back to bed. This time he stayed longer and we thought he had gone on to sleep...until Andy went to the front of the house and noticed AG laying with his blanket on the hardwoods outside his door "pretending to be asleep"! We put him back one last time and told him if he got up again he'd have to sleep in his crib! We haven't heard a peep since.

You know you're pregnant when it's a 11 PM and your famished..."Hey, it's okay to eat at 11 PM because your pregnant." And now as I finish up this post my stomach is growling again. (Sigh) I'm off to bed. What a day! Never a dull moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment