Sunday, January 16, 2011

19 weeks update...


Hard to believe that I'm almost to the half way point in this pregnancy. I'm 19 weeks now. I feel like it is flying due to how busy life is these days with the red-headed tornado! There is always something going on. Since I didn't have the blog during my pregnancy with AG (wish I could go back and change that!) I don't have anything written down about the comings and goings. The biggest things that happened in my pregnancy with AG are:

-I had NON-STOP heartburn for seven months straight...literally up until he was born. I remember asking the nurse in the hospital for some and she said she'd ask Shannon, my midwife, to add tums to meds. Before she could walk out I was like, "if I have my own can I just use them?" Ha.

-My sciatica was unlike anything I've ever experienced. I ended up in physical therapy for the last five months of my pregnancy. I also had to use a walker to be able to get around the last two weeks that I was pregnant.

-I had no swelling until Thanksgiving Day from there I just inflated like a balloon. I can honestly say I don't know how much weight I gained with AG. After Turkey day I quit looking at the scale because the numbers bothered me so much due to how much fluid I was retaining and there was nothing I could do about it. (Granted I have an idea but I couldn't tell you for sure.)

-I was induced a weekly early because I was in so much pain from my sciatica and so swollen.

This go around I've been meaning to post at least a monthly update but I'm almost half way done and am just now getting around to that.

Weight Gain: The first trimester I gained 2-3 pounds. Since then I bounce between 10-12 pounds. My weight gain this go around has been slower and smaller than with AG. I'm not going to lie I'd love for it to stay that way for the second half. We'll see, right?

Maternity Clothes: I'm actually wearing next to no maternity clothes at this point. Which is also crazy to me because with AG I was wearing maternity clothes before I was out of the first trimester. I am wearing all my regular pants still zipped just unbuttoned and held up with a BellaBand. Andy calls it a tube top for my belly! I'm wearing two or three maternity shirts but haven't made the complete transition to all maternity ware, yet. I've decided that with your first pregnancy you can't wait to be in maternity ware and then the next go around you want to stay in your non-maternity clothes as long as possible. Once you switch to all maternity ware you can't go back till post-baby.

Energy: I'm still sick. Although in the last month it has changed from every day nausea to alternating days. For example this past week, I felt great Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday then Thursday rolled around and I felt awful. The week before that I had three nights in a row that I stayed in bed sick. So, when I feel good my energy level is good and when I am sick I have no energy. At this point I think this is just something I'll deal with the entire time I am pregnant because I'm halfway (almost) and still dealing with it.

Cravings: When I'm nauseated the only thing I want to eat is nuggets from Chick-fil-A. Also, when I'm nauseated I want Coke or Sprite as cold as possible with lots of ice. Preferably, with crushed ice from Chick-fil-A.

Gender: Girl! We'll get another confirmation when I go back next week for my next check-up and my 20 week ultrasound. AG can say, "Avi" we are working on the "Kate" part but it's pretty stinkin' cute to hear him say her name.

Movement: Let's see I started feeling twinges about a month ago but in the last two weeks it's consistent and daily. Andy hasn't felt her, yet. She's flipping and twirling as I type this.

Miscellaneous: I'm still sleeping on my tummy but the last two mornings I've woken up with my sciatica bothering me. So, I might have to make the switch to my side sooner than I thought so that I can sleep with my leg propped up to help my nerve.

Here's a sneak peek at some of the fun we had this weekend celebrating AG with his Buzz birthday. (Update about his birthday this week...once we finish celebrating.) I'll take a belly picture this week to post. But you can see my bump in these pictures and I actually wore a maternity top yesterday. 

AG's Buzz drum pad from Nanny.

AG's Buzz from Emma.

1 comment:

  1. a few things:
    -you are such a beautiful Mama! (and in this first pic, you look so much like caroline, sans baby belly, of course. it's your profile and i've never noticed such a resemblance before) :-) THANK YOU for posting about Avi Kate's development and how you're doing. these are the things far-away friends are so happy to hear about. love it. praying for you as your pregnancy progresses.

    -andy looks great with the beard. :)

    -AG's reaction to Buzz is precious. i LOVE the hand-over-the-mouth awe that he's got going on. too sweet. hope he keeps that excitement over small things for a long long time.

    -can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete