Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nesting, Organizing, Nesting...

...Organizing. Blame it on being pregnant. Blame it on the new year and the need to tackle a project.

Ah, so many projects and so much chaos to complete it in.

Today we started tackling the laundry room. (Photos to come) It is the only room in the house yet to be touched by us. Every inch of the rest of the house has been updated and remodeled. The laundry room has been the catch-all while we did all the other rooms. And while we aren't going to remodel it, yet, we are going to make it more functional in the interim.

So, for right now my den is filled with chaos...boxes everywhere, a drum set, tools, paint cans, and anything else you can think of that might be thrown in a laundry room at the last minute when guests arrive. My toddler enjoys rummaging in all of it and banging on Daddy's drum set that was "hiding" in the laundry room for all these months. I'm sure the neighbors are loving the noise coming from our house between the drilling, cutting wood, and drum set.

This is the perfect week for us to tackle this project since I don't have to mentor this week since the county has early release/intercession. Freeing up my schedule to tackle lots around the house. Avi-Kate just needs to get the memo that Mommy doesn't have time for nausea this week. :o) She apparently ignored that memo today and several hours into this project I was hit with a wave of nausea. I'm feeling better now after drinking a Coke. Andy enjoyed using his new saw that he got for Christmas today to cut all the wood for the shelves. I'm mulling over a building project for him to put in the laundry...which I'm sure he would oblige since it would involve his new saw.

In other news I've been working on some housekeeping stuff. It's a new year and I have another child that will be here before I know it. I'm itching to get some new routines established and in place before her arrival. (Another reason why I need my laundry room functional.) Hoping to get that up and going this week at least partially while we finish the laundry room so that we can give it a complete go next week. Post to come on that...

Also, a post forth coming on my poaching chicken for the first time and shredding it to make several meals. Kroger had a great deal this past week and I decided to give it a try.

Hope everyone has a great week. Hard to believe January has come and gone and February is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment